This superb set contains two top quality woodworking planes that make an ideal gift for carpenters, cabinet makers, joiners, kitchen fitters and anyone who demands exacting standards from their woodworking projects. Each plane is manufactured with a quality grey cast iron body for strength and stability and has a precision ground base and sides to ensure flatness and squareness, which is essential to guarantee a perfect finish. Machined seating’s eliminate movement and blade judder.
The number 4 plane features a lever cap with a brass locking screw to secure the blade assembly and enables easy release for sharpening. Wooden handles and guidance knobs for user comfort. This is traditionally used for planing along the grain of many items such as doors, shelves, skirting boards etc. to obtain a perfect fit.
The block plane has a low angle cutter and fully adjustable mouth for both coarse fine shaving applications and ideal for all types of end grain work. It is also commonly used to trim laminate flush to worktops and boards in domestic and industrial applications. These planes are backed with a 5 year guarantee.
They are supplied with two zip up canvas bags to protect them against damage during transport or when in storage.
No. 4 Plane
• Traditional No.4 bench plane.
• Suitable for both hard and soft woods.
• 50mm (2in) quality cutter.
• Hardwood handle and knob for comfort.
• Precision machined for accurate adjustment.
• Quality brass fittings.
60½ Block Plane
• 60½ Block plane – ideal for end grain and plastic laminates.
• Accurately machined fine grey iron casting.
• 35mm (1.3/8in) wide plane iron set at a low angle of 13½°.
• Fully adjustable depth of cut.
• Adjustable mouth: Wide for coarse work – Narrow for fine shaving.
• Supplied compete with two zip up canvas storage bags.
|FAIPLANE4AVB||No4 and No6012 Planes and Bags||£55.63||£66.76||Toolbank|
|Change Currency: £ €|
Fantastic quality planes. Soles are very flat, require very minimal flattening. The blades hold a fantastic edge, the backs of the blades unless you use the ruler trick take quite abit of work to flatten but once all that work is done you have a tool that will last you a life time and produce quality work.
Reviewed by paul addison on 25th of February 2017
1 review awaiting approval
There are no questions for No4 and No6012 Plane Set with Bags